I am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with my Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me. Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is me, Edward Draper and my studio is at 79 Dowland Avenue, High Green, Sheffield, S35 4DE.
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms [on my site] http://www.platinumprince.com (“my site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use my site, subscribing to my service, posting material or requesting further services. I may also ask you for information when you report a problem with my site.
- If you contact me, I may keep a record of that correspondence.
- I may also ask you to complete surveys that I use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to my site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for my own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
I may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration [and to report aggregate information to my advertisers. This is statistical data about my users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that I store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The cookies I use are “analytical” cookies. They allow me to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps me to improve the way my website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You can find more information about the individual cookies I use and the purposes for which I use them in the table below:
I use Squarespace for my website and they use, on my behalf, some necessary cookies because they allow visitors to navigate and use key features on my site. I have categorised these cookies into two:
1 Functional and Required Cookies
Squarespace uses Analytics and Performance cookies to collect information on my behalf about how you interact with my site. Storing these cookies is how they populate the data in Squarespace Analytics, such as traffic sources, unique visitors, and cart abandonment.
Where I store your personal data
All information you provide to me is stored on my secure servers. Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of my site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you, if permitted by me, to participate in the bulletin board on my site, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to my service.
I may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and I [or they] may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, I will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or text/SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer I will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want me to use your data in the ways described in the three preceding paragraphs please tick the relevant box situated on the surgeons registration page
I do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to my advertisers, but I may provide them with aggregate information about my users (for example, I may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). I may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). I may make use of the personal data I have collected from you to enable me to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
I may disclose your personal information to any member of my group.
I may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that I sell or buy any business or assets, in which case I may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If I or substantially all of my or its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply my terms of website use, or my various Forums Rules, or any contract of supply of goods or services, or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of me, my customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. I will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if I intend to use your data for such purposes or if I intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms I use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting me at 79 Dowland Avenue, High Green, Sheffield S35 4DE or Edward@PlatinumPrince.com
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of my partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet my costs in providing you with details of the information I hold about you.
Thank you for visiting my site